The exam marking is now done, but it has left me with little time for much else in the last month or so. There has been barely any progress on the Kundalini Cardi, mainly because I needed to do some maths for the sleeves and just didn’t have the brain power for that and the marking. The calculations have now been done, largely because I finished the Slippery Socks in the Madelinetosh Tosh Sock so ran out of alternative knitting. In fact, I had so few brain cells functioning while knitting, that the toe on one of the socks was knit three times: the first time the sock was too short and the second time I dropped at least two stitches at the short row loops and couldn’t recover them. So they were third time luck. I definitely love the yarn and want more.
The slip stitch pattern is very subtle, but gives a nice texture. The socks were a quick knit as they were easy to pick up when I had the time. The cardi is now a bulky project to carry. I’m trying not to cast on another project as I really want to finish the cardi, even though I’m unlikely to wear it until next Winter. I want to start a lightweight cardi for next Autumn, but the yarn is not yet dyed. That’s a job for the school hols in two weeks’ time.
I also completed some spinning (weeks ago now!). This is the merino/silk blend from Ashford I had been going to ply with natural grey merino. The merino was too pale for the blend, so I ended up chain plying the single instead. There’s only 100 grams, so it will probably become a cowl next Winter.
The weekend before last I took some time out from the marking for a spot of stash enhancement. I visited the new Granny Square in Newtown and bought a couple of generous (130 gram) skeins of Yummy sock yarn. Then I went further down King Street and visited All Buttons Great and Small to get buttons for the Kundalini Cardi. I stopped in briefly at A Coffee and A Yarn, then last stop was across the road to Ételage for some beads. It proved a fruitful yarn/craft crawl!